Saturday, April 21, 2012

jane, get me off this crazy thing

The presumed Republican presidential nominee, Mitt "the shit" Romney is coming to Pittsburgh on Monday.  If a Southpointe visit isn't sufficiently titillating, do not fret.  He's also coming to Wheeling!  Yes, Mitt Romney will be embracing the Wheeling Feeling.  Romney will be appearing at the White Palace for a $1,000 a plate fundraiser on May 3, 2012.  Huzzah.

I find it peculiar that a man who recently installed a car-elevator in his La Jolla estate would go spare changing in the same building where I used to dee-jay.  Yep,  I used to spin records at the park dances back in the summer of 1986.  If you wish to take a stroll down memory lane, it's well documented in the Sonofsaf: odd, oh biography.

Anyway, back to Mitt.  I thought of a humorous political television ad designed to mock him and destroy his credibility.  Basically, you just do a spin off of the Jetson's theme song similar to this...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/5626519/jetsons-theme-song-extended

I was never a big fan of the cartoon, but just about everybody knows that intro music.  Meet Mitt Romney, Ann his wife, Dog Seamus!  Every part would be dedicated to making him appear aloof and out-of-touch with the middle class.  Trust me, I could throw it together during the Pens game tomorrow afternoon.  But the blip with the dog would be the defining moment of the campaign.  Pundits would compare it to the Willie Horton ad and the picture of Michael Dukakis riding around in that tank.

Instead of "Jane!  Get me off this crazy thing!"

how about... "Mitt!  Let me outta this crazy thing!"

An obvious reference to him stowing away his dog on top of the family car in that ventilated cargo container.  Hey, it really wasn't that big of a deal.  Just an 8 hour drive to the Grand Canyon.  Every doggie loves to go for a ride in the bye-bye car.  "In" being the operative word.  Although he has since passed, I'm sure Tippy Saferstein would agree.

No comments: