Sunday, December 21, 2008

list #2

I can't believe I neglected to mention my other favorite soup. Oprah would frown. This Annie Chun Udon Soup Bowl is bad ass. You just need to add real meat (chicken, beef or shrimp) and vegetables (they encourage shitake mushrooms and bok choy - I concur). I'm also an admirer of the packaging. All the ingredients combine to create what the Japanese refer to as UMAMI - that ultimately delicious state when complex flavors attain perfection.

By the way, the reason I write these lists... it's called "for the betterment of fucking humanity." I truly believe that if you go to Walmart and purchase the Annie Chun Udon soup, your existence could dramatically improve or at the very least, be somewhat enhanced. That's why we're here. If you find this discourse uninformative, then in the words of a proud Wheeling Station wild teen, "Talk to wrist, because the fist is pissed!" Honestly though, I think if you go out and purchase all this shit, you'll become a better human being.

IZZE fortified (sparkling pomegranate) - This stuff is exorbitantly priced, but if you're willing to take the plunge, I will jump in as well. It's basically some kind of pomegranate fruit juice/tonic. Makes a great gin mix in absence of tonic. Add a wedge of lime, ho. I just decided to see where the stuff comes from - Boulder, Co. That about sums it up. Boulder is complete bad ass. Its only blemish is when Mork and Mindy had the giant adult baby. Unacceptable, but Izze helps.

Gotta go.

1 comment:

G Max said...

No love for Uncle Charley?