Monday, January 06, 2014

wildcard weekend memes


As promised, I'm gonna make some NFL playoff memes.  I'll do them in the order the games transpired.  First off, the Kansas City letdown...


I missed the second half comeback.  Gigi and I went to an evening Bar Mitzvah reception in Squirrel Hill.  And Roger Goodell has the chutzpah to assume he's got a monopoly on high end U.S. entertainment.  Oy vey.

And if that wasn't bad enough, you could literally hear a pin drop at Lincoln Financial Field.  The build up to that last second field goal was absolutely brutal.




It was refreshing to see the Bengals lose in a home downpour.  Will they ever get back to the Superbowl?  Uhhh well, to make a long story short... not in my lifetime.


 
And finally.  If you could hear a pin drop at the Linc, you could hear a snowflake drop at Lambeau.


Truth be told, I like the Harbaugh brothers.  But I believe the general consensus is that the Baltimore one is smarter than the San Fran one.  I felt bad for the Packers and their fans in the freezing cold.  That's generally who I root for in the NFC.  I'll now be aligning myself with Seattle.

Was it just me or didn't it seem that late in the game, there was this weird, hazy, televised LSD effect?

On a more personal note, I think I have a herniated disc in my lower back.  It happened on Thursday when I reached down and heard this very loud crack.  I was totally immobilized on my kitchen floor for about a minute.  I had one of those vasovagal responses - broke out in a cold sweat and nearly spontaneously threw up.  Absolutely crazy.  A few days later, I'm still very sore and having spasms, but at least I can move about, pen this blog and engage in other bodily functions.

Until next weekend. 

No comments: