Tuesday, August 24, 2021

#645. Hi, I'm Darryl...

Darryl Issa (R-CA) took some heat over the weekend when he referred to conservative talk radio host & Republican candidate for Governor Larry Elder’s disparaging comments about women as "entertaining."


Herewith, whenever Issa attends a future Elder campaign event for Governor, I think he should be required to say....



Mark: 2:53 (the first ever Larry, Darryl, Darryl intro)

 

"Hi.  I’m Darryl.  This is my elder Larry.  And this is my other elder Larry."
sonofsaf


"Hi.  I’m Larry.  This is my brother Darryl.  And this is my other brother Darryl."
Newhart writers

 

If you think about it, it's really just a fake news disclaimer of sorts.

Of course, if my "parodyxical" version made any sense, you'd need to have Larry Elder's brother along for the ride.  Not sure if he has a brother.  Not sure if I care.   

Newhart was on during the '80's.  Reflecting back, the material was similar to a 90's version of Frazier.  Clever, witty, etc.  Although I did find Tom Poston a little annoying.  Reminiscent of a Ned Flanders dullard who hails from Vermont.

I met Darryl Issa (R-CA) outside the arena in Cleveland (ironically it used to be known as "The Q"... an abbreviated version Quicken Loans Arena).  Talk about a futuristic marketing fail.  Welcome to the Q.  Anyway, I ran into him at the 2016 Republican National Convention.  So I took the opportunity to quickly voice my concerns about outdated emergency evacuation protocol for large venues in Ohio and California.  In tandem with the potential threat posed by cell phones and wireless communication.  And of course, I handed him one of my handy dandy AGSAF business cards.  He glance at it, thanked me, and stuck it in the front pocket of his dress shirt.  Haven't seen him since.

Please do not share this information with Darryl Issa (R-CA).


No comments: