Thursday, August 12, 2021

#609. Big Liar

Bluegrass phenom Billy Strings played Stage AE last night.  


We opted to just hang out in the lot for the duration.  Music sounded fine from the Gold Lot and the lightning strikes were off the chart.  Ate a bunch of appetizers from Nicki's Thai.  Nicki's is my go-to option for light tailgating cuisine.  You cannot go wrong.

Dedicated to Billy Strings who just happened to perform a cover of Big River midway through his second set.  Twas a challenging parody.

 

#390.  Big Lie (Free Ride --- Edgar Winter)

#487.  Donald's Big Lie (Mr. Blue Sky --- E.L.O.)

#495.  American Lie (American Pie --- Don McLean)

#520.  The Big Lie (When Doves Cry --- Prince)

#530.  Big Lie (High Time --- Grateful Dead)

#545.  Big Lie (Goodbye --- Night Ranger)

#548.  Trump World's, Big Lie (Big Girls, Don't Cry --- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons)  

#549.  All A Big Lie (Live And Let Die --- Paul McCartney)

#550.  Would Trump Lie To You (Would I Lie To You --- Annie Lennox)

#552.  Big Liar (Big Spender --- Shirley Bassey)
 
#553.  Big Lie (Big Me --- Foo Fighters)

#555.  The Big Lie (Let Her Cry --- Hootie And The Blowfish)

#557.  Big Lie (Big Love --- Fleetwood Mac)

#559.  Big Lies (Big Balls --- AC/DC)

#561.  The Big Lie (Aces High --- Iron Maiden)

#562.  Big Lie Trump Overload (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road --- Elton John)

#563.  Byrne's A Bitch (Burn The Witch --- Radiohead)

#564.  As The World Byrnes (As The World Burns --- Kreator)

#565.  Lie (Cry --- Godley and Creme)

#567.  Byrne In Hell (Burn In Hell --- Twisted Sister) 

#571.  He's A Scrotum The Big Lie (I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry --- Hank Williams)

#594.  Lie Lie You Trumpers (Die Die My Darling --- Metallica)

#595.  To Live Is To Lie (To Live Is To Die --- Metallica) 
 
#596.  Don't Lie (Don't Cry --- Guns'n'Roses)

#596.  Big Lie (Big Time --- Peter Gabriel)

#601.  Lies (Lies --- Thompson Twins

#602.  Liar (Liar --- Three Dog Night)

#606.  Lie Free-For-All (Fly On The Wall - AC/DC)

#609.  Big Liar (Big River - Grateful Dead)



 

Big Liar
sonofsaf

Now I taught those Donald Trumpers how to lie, lie, lie
Not so good under the covers don’t you dare ask why,
And that Stormy Daniels has some massive fake tits I’m not a big liar,
And I'm gonna shit right here it’s toilet time.

He drinks up predominantly cans of coke, diet soda
And it fucks me up every time he cast a pall, casts a pall,
Then I seen a meme about a hacked voting machine of some sort
And I’m callin’ you, Big Liar, as you bawl.

Jared Kushner hates Jesus, Ivanka she’s a liar
Trump’s waiter serves Big Macs here with cheese on, boy, cheese on
Sweet and sour with McNuggets, and some fries with ketchup stuff
He praised the ‘ol McRib 'cause it don't have a bone

Now, Melania's Slovenian stooge, dean of mean, holdin' on.
Married for the money by any means, any means
Fucked Don, the Orange Prolapse, dumped that Barron kid right out
We hate you, Big Liar, can’t you see.

Now I taught those Donald Trumpers how to lie, lie, lie
Not so good under the covers don’t you dare ask why,
And that Stormy Daniels has some massive fake tits I’m not a big liar,
And I'm gonna shit right here it’s toilet time.


Big River
Grateful Dead

Now I taught the weeping willow how to cry, cry, cry,
I showed the clouds how to cover up a clear blue sky,
And the tears that I cried for that woman are gonna flood you Big River,
And I'm gonna sit right here until I die.

I met her accidentally in St. Paul, Minnesota,
And it tore me up every time I heard her drawl, Southern drawl,
Then I heard my dream was back Downstream cavortin' in Davenport,
And I followed you, Big River, when you called.

Then you took me to St. Louis later on, down the river,
A freighter said she's been here, but she's gone, boy, she's gone,
I found her trail in Memphis, but she just walked up the bluff,
She raised a few eyebrows and went on down alone.

Now, won't you paddle down by Baton Rouge, River Queen, rollin' on.
Take that woman on down to New Orleans, New Orleans,
Go on, I've had enough, dump my blues down in the gulf,
She loves you, Big River, more than me.

Now I taught the weeping willow how to cry, cry, cry,
And I showed the clouds how to cover up a clear blue sky,
And the tears that I cried for that woman are gonna flood you Big River,
And I'm gonna sit right here until I die.



Grateful Dead:

04-08-89, Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, OH
10-22-89, Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
07-08-90, Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA
09-07-90, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-08-90, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-18-91, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
03-20-91, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
03-21-91, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
06-09-91, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
06-14-91, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
06-21-91, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
06-24-91, Sandstone Amphitheatre, Bonner Springs, KS
09-04-91, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-05-91, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-06-91, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-06-92, Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY
06-08-92, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-09-92, Richifeld Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-11-92, Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
06-12-92, Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
06-14-92, Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
06-15-92, Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
06-17-92, Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
06-18-92, Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
06-20-92, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
06-22-92, Star Lake Amphiteatre, Burgettstown, PA
06-23-92, Star Lake Amphiteatre, Burgettstown, PA
06-25-92, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
06-26-92, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
07-01-92, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
03-14-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-17-93, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
03-18-93, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
06-11-93, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
06-18-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-21-93, Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
06-22-93, Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
09-09-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-10-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-20-94, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-21-94, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
07-29-94, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
03-17-95, The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
06-30-95, Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA
07-02-95, Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN

Bob Weir / Dead & Company
 
Bob Weir, 7-19-91, I.C. Light Amphitheatre, Pittsburgh, PA
Bob Weir, 8-31-92, I.C. Light Amphitheatre, Pittsburgh, PA
Ratdog & Phil Lesh, 7-18-01, Polaris Amphitheater, Columbus, OH
Ratdog & Rusted Root, 8-12-01, Post Gazette Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA
The Other Ones, 11-29-02, Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, PA
The Dead, Bob Dylan, 8-6-03, Germain Amphitheater, Columbus, OH
Dead & Company, 11-13-15, Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH *
Dead & Company, 8-13-16, First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA
Dead & Company, 6-15-17, KeyBank Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA
Dead & Company, 6-28-17, Blossom Music Center, Cleveland, OH
Dead & Company, 6-20-18, Blossom Music Center, Cleveland, OH
Dead & Company, 7-5-19, Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Dead & Company, 7-6-19, Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
 
Billy Strings:
 
5-19-17, James Street Gastropub & Speakeasy, Pittsburgh, PA

Saf, which do you prefer?  Me & My Uncle > Mexicali Blues or Me & My Uncle > Big River.  
Answer: the latter.
 
 
Please do not share this material with former President Donald J. Trump.
 

No comments: