Thursday, April 01, 2021

#239. Floyd Safe Harbor

Day #3 of the George Floyd trial just wrapped up.  It got me to thinking.  When the visual evidence is so clearly incontrovertible.  And the testimony is so emphatically damning.  What's the best course of action for maggot Derek Chauvin?  Lemme give you a hint.

(Is that Derek Chauvin wearing a MAGA ballcap holding some kind of genetically modified prune-turd?)

Just for the record, it's not.  But do you see where I'm coming from?

I'm thinking this trial might be a halfway decent test case for the first ever "Deep Fake" defense.  You basically just allege that the whole trial is a set-up.  A con job.  It's all fake news being promulgated by the media.  All of the bystander video evidence has been tampered with --- faked, hacked, altered... by slick liberal Hollywood producers.  And then you simply pivot and vilify the political angle.  Inextricably linking your personal fate to the perceived persecution of DJT, the ex-POSUS (piece of shit of the United States)

A unanimous verdict is always an uphill struggle.  Especially when it's a veteran cop on trial.  The Chauvin jury consists of 14 members.  You gotta figure that the percentages, even in a liberal area like South Minneapolis, would favor at least one of them being a diehard Trumper.  Just enough for a hung jury and a mistrial. 

Then, you bring in your competing cyber-analysts and technology experts to testify.  Much like both sides will be presenting differing toxicology and coronary experts in the George Floyd trial.  Was it the drugs?  Or was it the asphyxiation?  If the ultimate judgement lies in the realm of "beyond a reasonable doubt," I'd think certain elements of a "deep fake" defense would be worth the shot.  Hey, it wouldn't be the first time somebody lied in a court of law.  And it won't be the last.

At some point, during the future of litigation, I suspect you'll hear a defendant conceptually invoke this line of defense.  During the next 5-10 years, deep fake technology will evolve into the application phase.  In a nutshell, even people with zero IT knowledge, will be able to construct fictitiously exploitative videos with the press of a button.  And you thought that doctored photos and deliberately misleading memes are bad news.  The universe is rapidly spiraling toward a cyber version of the wild, wild west. 

Think about it.  If you can convince millions of people that Hillary Clinton was running a pedophile sex trafficking ring out of the basement of D.C. pizza shop... is it really that much of a stretch?

Welcome to the dystopian consequence of the Orange Prolapse. 


 

Floyd Safe Harbor
sonofsaf

Chauvin no thanks, you can’t win
Floyd was handcuffed Fox News spin
Skin brown, care, he got no aid
Disavowal of a race

Say his name
Say his name
Say his name

Fuck the police if you dare
Take a knee, I do declare
Floyd can’t breathe, knee was the whip
Heart to heart a full eclipse

Say his name
Say his name
Say his name

Trial’s one of gloom and doom
Minnesota, the courtroom
Truth returns a cover up
He was colored and suffered much

Say his name
Say his name
Say his name


Floyd The Barber
Nirvana

Bell on door clanks, come on in
Floyd observes my hairy chin
Sit down, chair, don't be afraid
Steamed hot towel on my face

I'm ashamed
I'm ashamed
I'm ashamed

Barney ties me to the chair
I can't see, I'm really scared
Floyd breathes hard, I hear a zip
Pee pee pressed against my lips

I'm ashamed
I'm ashamed
I'm ashamed

I sense others in the room
Opie, Aunt Bea, I presume
They take turns and cut me up
I died smothered in Andy's clutch

I'm ashamed
I'm ashamed
I'm ashamed


Feel free to share this material with members of the defense and prosecution in the Derek Chauvin murder trial.  Oh what the hell... share it with anyone who has an interest in the future trajectory of technology and law.

 

No comments: