Sunday, November 06, 2011

Carolina Panthers NFL RUSH Play 60 commercial

Here's the new NFL commercial encompassing the "We've got spirit, how about you???" vibe from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  Remember when the two cheerleaders were staging the football rally in the gymnasium.  The student body was generally unresponsive.  I recall someone launching a paper airplane that whizzed by one of the girls' heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvVb8VkZUSc

Anyway, the NFL's trying to increase fan spirit with this hippy-rappy thug party.  Hey, it's all about teamwork I guess.  To be honest, I really don't have a clue what's going on with this commercial.  I can't understand anything these teenagers are singing.  It sounds like just a bunch of collective yapping with intermittent blips of the word "bus."  What the fuck is this?

And why the FUCK is Newt Gingrich the bus driver???  Seriously, check out what happens at the 21st second mark.  The spot is only 30 seconds.   Maybe he's trying to broaden his appeal.  I do not know.  Though I do think Newt would make a fine stationary hot dog salesman/concessionaire guy. 

Anyhoo, nobody cares.  That's fine.  I made a sign for the game tonight.  It's another flip-up model based on the infamous "Trent Dilfer #6, Trent Dildo 6"... 

And here it is...





Admittedly on the ghetto side, but I think my point is clear.

I'll go Steelers 20, Ravens 10.  The over/under is 42 which seems really high.  Especially since our defense is banged up.  Usually it's in the 36-38 range. 

Regardless, I've decided to skip the game tonight (insert a gasp from someone who's in a state of shock and disbelief... perhaps a hardcore Michael Jackson fan when the jury delivers a "not guilty" verdict.  I feel bad for the good doctor.  As if that walking freakshow was going to outlive Andy Rooney.

No comments: