Wednesday, March 01, 2023

#1726. Trixie On My Mind

My favorite cartoon growing up was Speed Racer.  Hands down.  And it still is.  


From the perspective of a 7-9 year old, the story lines were physically and literally mind blowing.  The characters larger than life.  

Here's a good trivia question.  Everyone knows that Speed's dad's name was Pops Racer.  But what was the name of his mother?  Answer:  Mom Racer.


 

 

Trixie On My Mind
sonofsaf

NASCAR nation is queer Speed Racer’s fucking Trixie
Spritle and Chim Chim in the trunk they’ll cram
Mechanic ain’t queer I think his name was Sparky
Mach Five rode true through water and even quick sand

Speed would often get into brawls and grapple
Everyone sure seemed his enemy
Those villains in their cars were total assholes
Animated sociobiology

If Racer X had a plan, Speed’s brother was the man,
Givin’ head her job to blow that Trixie’s fine
The cockpit she’ll sit in, her fellatio ain’t pretend
Cum Speed far and near and I got Trixie on my mind
Oh cum dumpster here and I got Trixie on my mind

(Yee-ha)

Pops Racer would defile you with a turd
Inspector Detector investigates all the crime
Oh those racin’ villains gonna get what they deserve
You know those clowns can go to hell ‘cause Speed’s divine

Go Speed Racer go to victory don’t stall
Winning trophies and mo money all the time
Goin’ under water and cuttin’ up trees fo show
G spot homing for the girls robot’s a pigeon

If Racer X had a plan, Speed’s brother was the man,
She’ll turn that frown so upside down alright
The cockpit she’ll sit in, her fellatio ain’t pretend
Cum Speed far and near and I got Trixie on my mind
Oh cum dumpster here and I got Trixie on my mind

 

Dixie On My Mind
Hank Williams Jr.

All the stations up here they don't sign off with Dixie
The way they did in sweet home Alabam'
And the people here don't sip Jack Daniels whiskey
The way they do in the Tennessee mountain land

I'd always heard lots about the big apple
So I thought I'd come up here and see
But all I've seen so far is one big hassle
Wish I was camped out on the Okeechobee

If this is the promised land, I've had all I can stand,
And I'm headed back below that Dixie line
No I just don't fit in, and I'll never come back again
But I'm busted here an' I got Dixie on my mind
Oh I'm stuck up here an' I got Dixie on my mind

(Yee-ha)

These people never smile or say a word
They're all too busy tryin' to make an extra dime
Oh I'd love to haul 'em all down around Spartanburg
And show 'em how to raise hell in Carolin'

Oh the things you know that I miss most of all
Is the freedom of the rivers and the pines
They don't do much huntin' and fishin' up here ya know
But I have met a few squirrels and one porcupine

Well if this is the promised land, I've had all I can stand
Wish I was down in Houston town tonight
No I just don't fit in, and I'll never come back again
But I'm busted here an' I got Dixie on my mind
Oh I'm stuck up here an' got Dixie on my mind




I never tire of this song.  Especially this 1983 version from Knoxville, TN. (mark 3:42)

From 1977 to 2018, Hank Williams Jr. has played the Burgh a grand total of 17 times.  Eleven of those performances were at Star Lake.  I scalped many of those shows but never went into the venue.  One of them was an especially violent, drunken, bloody, tailgating scene when he opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd.  The Burgettstown pigs really had their hands full that night.

Hank returns to the Burgh on June 10, 2023 (Star Lake).


Hank Williams Jr:

7-16-05, Jamboree In The Hills, Morristown, Ohio


Please do not share this material with Hank Williams Jr. and/or fans of the Speed Racer cartoon.

 


No comments: