Thursday, January 13, 2022

#984. Joe Manchin On The Hill

Hey Joe!  

I tried to write that parody awhile back but eventually gave up.   It was a total bitch.  Much like Joe.  

And that will be his legacy (Joe Crow-style voter suppression).


Mitch's bitch... just in case Republicans win back the Senate in 2022.

 

 


 

Joe Manchin On The Hill
sonofsaf

West Virginia had a rally
Donald Trump came to stop the steal
The Senate has a throne where have you been
His name is Joe Manchin on the hill.

A vote for all is retarded
Hidden agendas are concealed
Blood will be shed LGBT, queer
Senator Joe Manchin on the hill.

Mitch McConnell is a peer, blood
Maybe it’s time to make a deal
Cause we’ll give you some voters to borrow
Senator Joe Manchin on the hill.

It’s time to fight and go so low (solo)
Obstructionism is the drill
The other aisle has a side, Joe
Filibuster Manchin for the kill.

 

A Mansion On The Hill
Hank Williams

Tonight down here in the valley
I'm lonesome and oh, how I feel
As I sit here alone in your cabin
I can see your mansion on the hill

Do you remember when we parted?
The story to me you revealed
You said you could live without love, dear
In your loveless mansion on the hill

I've waited all through the years. love
To give you a heart true and real
Cos I know you are living in sorrow
In your loveless mansion on the hill

The light shines bright from your window
The trees stand so silent and still
I know you're alone with your pride, dear
In your loveless mansion on the hill





Hank Williams Sr. passed away in 1953 when I was -17.  RIP.


Marilyn Manchin Top 10:

#140.  Manchin On K Street (Dancin' In The Streets --- Grateful Dead)

#220.  Crappiness is a Thing Called Joe (Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe --- Cher)

#455.  Joe's Manchin (Lang's Mansion --- Waylon Jennings)

#624.  Manchin (Fashion --- David Bowie)

#646.  Manchin (Passion --- Rod Stewart)

#914.  Senator Manchin (Blowin' In The Wind --- Bob Dylan)

#984.  Joe Manchin On The Hill (A Mansion On The Hill - Hank Williams)


Some point soon, I'll revisit the Jimi Hendrix parody.


Please do not share this material with Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV).


No comments: