Sunday, April 25, 2021

#323. Tennessee Fred

One of the few Republican Senators I actually liked... was Fred Thompson from Tennessee.  He launched a half-hearted presidential campaign in 2008 but the momentum never really materialized.  Regrettably he passed away in 2015.  Fred is dead.

Disclaimer/Caution: This video was taken from Foxboro Stadium where the evil New England Patriots used to play.  Of course, this is back in 1989 when nobody hated them. 



Tennessee Fred
sonofsaf

My love handles, some weight gain
Smoky Mountain Secrets` and I should abstain
Despite your dreams you sleep instead
If you don't head back to Tennessee Fred

Ronald Reagan he is dead
California movie star born and bred
Well, do you take your fuckin’ meds
You better smoke crack in Tennessee Fred

Tennessee, Tennessee, best Senator you’ll ever see
Maybe you should vote for me back in Tennessee

Rolling Rock is outta site
We brew it in Latrobe on a training camp night
Pamela’s in the morning, or breakfast in bed
You’d better bless our Tennessee Fred

Shotgunned a beer and drank my wine
So flick my Bic and gimme a line
Puke in the sink, maybe, toilet instead
Smokin’ your crack in Tennessee Fred

Tennessee, Tennessee, best Senator you’ll ever see
Maybe you should vote for me back in Tennessee

I was chased by nigger dogs
Shittin’ bricks and a big ‘ol log
That doggie came heavy with some lead
Let’s steer clear of Tennessee Fred

I’m not woke and feelin’ mean
All I care about is the green
Orange Prolapse in town, and it’s what I dread
You better head back to Tennessee Fred

Tennessee, Tennessee, best Senator you’ll ever see
Maybe you should vote for me back in Tennessee

 

Tennessee Jed
Grateful Dead

Cold iron shackles, ball and chain
Listen to the whistle of the evenin' train
You know you bound to wind up dead
If you don't head back to Tennessee Jed

Rich man step on my poor head
When you get back you better butter my bread
Well, do you know it's like I said
You better head back to Tennessee Jed

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee

Drink all day and rock all night
The law come to get you if you don't walk right
Got a letter this morning, baby all it read
You better head back to Tennessee Jed

I dropped four flights and cracked my spine
Honey, come quick with the iodine
Catch a few winks, baby, under the bed
Then you head back to Tennessee Jed

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee

I run into Charlie Fog
Blacked my eye and he kicked my dog
My doggie turned to me and he said
Let's head back to Tennessee Jed
I woke up a felin' mean
Went down to play the slot machine
The wheels turned around, and the letters read
You better head back to Tennessee Jed

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee



Grateful Dead:

04-08-89, Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, OH
10-22-89, Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
07-08-90, Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA
09-07-90, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-08-90, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-18-91, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
03-20-91, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
03-21-91, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
06-09-91, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
06-14-91, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C. ^
06-21-91, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
06-24-91, Sandstone Amphitheatre, Bonner Springs, KS
09-04-91, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-05-91, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-06-91, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-06-92, Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY
06-08-92, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-09-92, Richifeld Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-11-92, Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
06-12-92, Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
06-14-92, Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
06-15-92, Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
06-17-92, Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
06-18-92, Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
06-20-92, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
06-22-92, Star Lake Amphiteatre, Burgettstown, PA
06-23-92, Star Lake Amphiteatre, Burgettstown, PA
06-25-92, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
06-26-92, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
07-01-92, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
03-14-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-17-93, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
03-18-93, Capital Centre, Landover, MD
06-11-93, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
06-18-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
06-21-93, Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
06-22-93, Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
09-09-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
09-10-93, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-20-94, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
03-21-94, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland, OH
07-29-94, Buckeye Lake Music Center, Hebron, OH
03-17-95, The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
06-30-95, Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA
07-02-95, Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN*


* - Gate Crasher

^ - favorite version of Tennessee Jed (mark 41:01).  Great first set (despite the unforgivable caterwauling of Vince Welnick). 

` - Smoky Mountain Secrets was the Tennessee company that manufactured various gift boxes for the highly suspect Bears Against Drugs telemarketing program on behalf of the legally questionable West Virginia Troopers Association.  Jellies and preserves, steak sauces and seasonings, gourmet salad dressings, mustards, and the oft-heralded fruit syrups.

Regarding my GD license plate collection, I've always wanted a picture of a Tennessee tag with the initials or name JED.  Or a DEAD (TN) would be sufficient.  Or even a FRED (TN). 

Please do not share this information with anyone who enters or exits the Fred D. Thompson Federal Building in Nashville, Tennessee.  It's slated for completion sometime this year in 2021. 


No comments: