Sunday, November 07, 2021

#822. Travis Scott

If there's a "safe space" in hell for atheist Jew song parody writers...


Dedicated to Amandasar Overmars, my adventurous Star-Laking "companion in mischief" from 20 years ago.  She brought the Astroworld incident to my attention.  Yeah, right!



Travis Scott
sonofsaf

He’s mentally unstable
Human stampede he’ll enable
Worth a billion Kardashian
Not married commendable

Headlines the show he’s Travis Scott
He will rap and flap and crap a lot

He’s mentally unstable
What happened was unthinkable
And he writes rhymes and commits crimes
He’s not right despicable

Behavior’s bad he’s Travis Scott
He sings about Uncle Sam a lot

Watched the news on cable, crowd surge unmanageable
Fans were compressed they were not blessed
Ended up in hell damnable
Lives a wild life he’s Travis Scott

Astroworld was a juggernaut

 

Camelot
Monty Python

We're knights of the round table
We dance whenever we're able
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable

We dine well here in Camelot
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot

We're knights of the round table
Our shows are formidable
But many times we're given rhymes
That are quite unsingable

We're opera mad in Camelot
We sing from the diaphragm a lot

War we're tough and able, quite indefatigable
Between our quests we sequin vests
And impersonate Clark Gable
It's a busy life in Camelot

I have to push the pram a lot



Nobody would believe me when I say... that I've never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail in its entirety.  But oh it's true.  It's damn true.  

However, in 1989, I robbed my parent's house in the middle of the night.  Stealing their VCR so my friend's brother's wired college buddies could watch the movie.  I left a note but... they... were... pissed.  My parents.  Not the crew from Lehigh University.

Please do not share this material with Travis Scott and/or those impacted by the 2021 Astroworld stampede.


No comments: