Saturday, September 11, 2021

#686. Hey Nine Eleven

I've written extensively about 9/11.  When the first plane hit the tower, I ran out of my apartment in disbelief.  I desperately felt compelled to share what had just happened with one of my Oglebay Village neighbors.  But the only person outside was the maintenance guy "Big John."  He was fumbling around by the dumpster.  

"Dude, you're never gonna believe what just happened.  A plane just hit one of the World Trade Center towers."

He followed me up the steps to my apartment and we both watched the breaking news in silence for the next 30 seconds.



Then he flashed me a coy grin and said...

"Hmm, never cared much for them big city types anyway."  (brief pause) 

"Uh, well, I gotta get back to work."

I just stood there jaw-dropped in absolute shock and total disbelief.

 


 

Hey Nine Eleven
sonofsaf

Hey nine eleven you make me feel old
The memories haunt
And it always blows
When you talk about feeling shit

Wheeling, the feeling
Poppin’ pain pills still lingers
Hey nine eleven they a-fucked us I’m told

Demons so dreary
The meat of disdain
Flood of blood
Spill the blood
It's a-all a game
When Trump
When Trump bends over

Tragic so tragic
What a source of distress, distress, distress
Hey nine eleven was a bonus for less

Well, Trump’s a fuckin’ jag-off and an Orange Prolapse clown
Big asshole clown
He shares the abuse when he comes to your town
Donald Trump’s really mean

Tragic so tragic
What a source of distress, enlist, list
Hey nine eleven twas a bone-us for us

Tragic so tragic
Tragic
Depression


Manic Depression
Jimi Hendrix

Manic depression is searching my soul
I know what I want
But I just don't know
How to go about getting it

Feeling, sweet feeling
Drops from my Fender's fingers
Manic depression has a-captured my soul

Woman so weary
The sweet cause in vain
You make love
You break love
It's a—all the same
When it's—
When it's over

Music sweet music
I wish I could caress, caress, caress
Manic depression is a frustrating mess

Well, I think I'll go turn myself off and go on down
All the way down
Really ain't no use in me hanging around
In a your kind of scene

Music sweet music
I wish I could caress, and kiss, kiss
Manic depression is a frustrating mess

Music sweet music
Music
Depression



Jimi Hendrix, eh?  I had a very limited time frame to see him perform live in concert.  

To be precise, 49 days. 

Please do not share this material with former President Donald J. Trump and/or anyone who was personally impacted by the events of 9/11.


No comments: