Wednesday, July 07, 2021

#511. Savage Taliban

President Biden announced a "complete" withdrawal from Afghanistan.  So naturally, every Republican is now going to blame Joe for every last shooting, every last bombing, every rape, every murder.  He'll own all of it.  Basically, anything bad that happens in Afghanistan from here on out will be entirely his fault.  And the fault of radical Democrats who have this curious disdain for American soldiers who were critically injured or made the ultimate sacrifice.  Part of the "I just don't understand why the Democrats hate our country so much" Trumpian narrative.  Fits in well with the "burgeoning violent crime" story line here in the states. 

I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing RNC commercials on Fox News... exploiting soldiers in wheelchairs with missing limbs.  Obviously, they'd bemoan how Biden sold out the U.S. military.  How the last 20 years of trying to cultivate freedom were all in vain.  Because Biden wants to see our military dismantled, our troops fail, and the Taliban succeed.

 


 

Savage Taliban
sonofsaf

Label me, Taliban, make me go pray
You’ve got a lotta gall, and some disdain
Afghanistan is where we bring the pain
They run this country not going away
Fuck me, savage Taliban
Yes, that is the plan

Their country’s opium has poppy seeds
Rob me of pleasure it is my body
Kabul is shit and the showers urine
They run this country not going away
Fuck me, savage Taliban
Yes, that is the plan


Spanish Caravan
The Doors

Carry me, caravan, take me away
Take me to Portugal, take me to Spain
Andalucia with fields full of grain
I have to see you again and again
Take me, Spanish caravan
Yes, I know you can

Trade winds find Galleons lost in the sea
I know where treasure is waiting for me
Silver and gold in the mountains of Spain
I have to see you again and again
Take me, Spanish caravan
Yes, I know you can
 
 



Some promoter should set up a "The The" tour.  Similar to the "Fake Fest" concept from the mid '90's.  Three distinct cover bands.  First up would be "The The"... so everyone can hang out in the lot and tailgate.  Give 'em 30 minutes or so.  Nobody knows their shit anyway.  Or it could just be a "the" cover band.  Playing some random hits from any band whose name starts with "the" --- the Eagles, the Who, the Beatles, the Stones, the Beach Boys.  You get the drift.
 
Alternate the second and third acts from night to night.  I'd go with The Cars and The Doors.  Bands that basically nobody ever saw... but everyone wants to see.  Let 'em each play for an hour.  And then an extra 15 minutes or so for an extendo double encore, including band member intros, comical anecdotes, stale quips, etc.  
 
Never saw The Doors.  Never been to Afghanistan either.   No desire really.  Although I firmly believe that "Kandahar," is quite possibly, the most wonderful sounding vacation destination on the planet.  And then you get there and realize it's a total shit hole from absolute hell.   

Please do not share this material with the Taliban.

No comments: