Sunday, January 24, 2021

#34. Ward

One of my all-time favorite metal bands will always be San Francisco bay area thrashers Death Angel.  Still going strong.  I have fond memories of partying on their tour bus following their 1988 crushing performance at Bogart's in Cincy.  I was walking down the alley with the drummer, both of us drinking a bottle of Corona, and he confided in me... "Hey man, I gotta be careful with this shit.  I don't wanna get busted for underage drinking.  I'm only fifteen."

And I'll never forget the Mind Rape opener from the Frolic Through the Park tour.  It was a combination of many things: the casual stage entrance, the sudden burst of raw energy, and of course, the emergence of the pit.  All of it literally blew my mind.  Thirty two years ago.  But some memories are inescapable.  

They truly believe
That he is Jesus Christ
As their bodies are raped
Of their minds

I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that nobody has ever parodied a Death Angel tune.  Until now!  

This one goes out to Trump fanatic, conservative fringer, far right winger, Dr. Kelli Ward, the Arizona RNC Chairperson.  Go figure that she's originally from Fairmont, West Virginia.  Got her medical degree at WVU.  Kinda figures that it was osteopathic in nature.  The well-being and natural healing of bones, joints, muscles... everything but the brain.  Because this woman is sheer mental.  She just announced the censure of Governor Doug Ducey (R-AZ), ex-Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Cindy McCain who isn't even an elected politician.  Their crime?  Well, they won't go on the record and proudly declare their unabashed love and affection for the Orange Prolapse.  Come to think of it, she should probably censure me as well.    

She lives in Lake Havasu a couple hours up the road from Phoenix.  Isn't that where MTV used to host Spring Break?  Yep, sounds about right.  If you're in the neighborhood, tell her I said hi.  At the very least, drive by her house and blare some Death Angel.

3619 Desert Rose Lane
Lake Havasu City, AZ  86404


Ward
sonofsaf

Ducey and Jeff Flake
Cindy too for goodness sake
They’re censured and not well
Rhinos need to burn in hell

Splitting votes herself
Wheeling strife and dealing strife
But after killing spree
Donald Trump still won't concede

She’s Ward

Riots are quite rare
Donald Trump’s a cross to bear
The lack of honesty
This trip of Ward’s an odyssey

Bloodshed they forget
She tries her best to dispell the threat
Ignoring all the crime
To be impeached
Trump’s a Frankenstein

She’s Ward

 

Bored
Death Angel

Guilty of no crime
Not enough yet too much time
I'm burning in this hell
Plans to buy and dreams to sell

Sitting by myself
Living life and loving life
But something bothers me
What to do I can't believe

I'm bored
Life it's not so fair
Nothing here and nothing there
I'm waiting constantly
It's not the way life's meant to be

Boredom starts to set
I try so hard but it's all I get
Keep waiting all the time
I think I've reached
The end of the line

I'm bored 

 

Death Angel concerts:

9-23-88, Bogart’s, Cincinnati, OH
11-17-11, Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA
9-15-16, Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA
4-27-19, Rex Theater, Pittsburgh, PA

Do not share this information with Dr. Kelli Ward, Governor Doug Ducey (R-AZ), Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Cindy McCain, former President Donald J. Trump, members of Death Angel, and/or those who drink Corona.


No comments: