Friday, August 27, 2021

#654. David Spade

Local musician Jeff Jimerson is Pittsburgh's go-to singer for the national anthem at Penguins games.  From what I understand, he has a side gig performing in a Motorhead tribute band.  


I looked on the internet for footage and info.  But found zilch.  Zippo.  I could've sworn I remember the Super Genius mentioning this on his radio show a couple years ago.  Perhaps I was mistaken.

Regardless, if Jimerson wishes to steal my Ace of Spades parody... well, have at it.  It would be a tremendous honor.


 

David Spade
sonofsaf

Skip the damn preamble, he’s not from Pakistan
Let’s have some, dim sum, Asian food for me

Hollywood’s kinda gay, and so’s the city of L.A.
He doesn’t play the lead, the only role I see is one for David Spade
He’s David Spade

Acting is so much fun, never on the level
Fucking don’t you know, that nothing comes for free

Hell’s better than heaven, Satan Jesus too
Do not throw a fit, poker should be strip, he’s David Spade
He’s David Spade

Us actors get accused, ‘cause we don’t follow rules
Perhaps there is a case just maybe
I don't mean to sound so clever
Just stick my dick and poke her

Feelin’ fine and dandy, Joe Dirt’s mullet hair for me
Plumage gonna keep, his style he’ll defend
I know it wasn’t wise, don’t you ask me why
‘Cause nothing comes for free, you know he’s gonna say he’s David Spade
He’s David Spade


Ace of Spades
Motorhead

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, all the same to me

The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades

Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil
Going with the flow, it's all a game to me

Seven or eleven, snake eyes watching you
Double up or quit, double stake or split, the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it baby
I don't wanna live for ever
And don't forget the joker!

Pushing up the ante, I know you gotta see me
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again
I see it in your eyes, take one look and die
The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades




I've never found David Spade's brand of stand-up comedy terribly amusing.

Then again, I've never really given him much of a chance.


Motorhead:

11-17-88, Hara Arena, Dayton, OH (along with Overkill & Slayer... dear god)

8-8-03, Post Gazette Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA (along with Dio & Iron Maiden... again, dear god) 


Since back in 1982, Motorhead played Pittsburgh a grand total of 12 times.  

Lemmy passed away in 2015.  But his memory persists in the form of Lemmiwinks, the venerable gerbil-man/journeyman in the colon of Mr. Slave.

One of the finest "intro blips" for Pittsburgh sports-radio personality Mark Madden is when a caller asks him, "Who's better?  Lemmy or God?"  And the Super Genius fires back, "It's a trick question.  Lemmy is God."

Please do not share this material with actor David Spade.


No comments: