Thursday, March 18, 2021

#202. Mister Yuk

 Mr. Yuk is turning 50.  Congratulations!  As I've been very much looking forward to celebrating National Poison Prevention Week (March 21-27).


Think of all the lives that have been saved, or at the very least, "less sickened."  All because of the fluorescent green frowny face.

Naturally, I have a societal proposal.

In light of the recent serial murders of 8 Asian American women in Georgia by 21 year old Robert Aaron Long...

... some beardo backwoods, virgin-fuck, gun-nut, Proud Boy, and likely admirer of the Orange Prolapse, who was apparently having a "bad day," I have devised a plan to rid the country of ethnic hatred and racially charged bigotry.

Back in 1979, during the Steelers/Vikings Super Bowl, over 50 million Mr. Yuk stickers were being annually distributed.  My idea involves doing the same thing with this sticker I received in the mail just last week (compliments of the D-Triple-C... Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee).

 

It's a simple premise.  First, you manufacture the sticker in bulk.  Hey, logistically speaking it's a helluva lot easier than producing vaccines.  Second, dispense them at-will.  Third, whenever you see one of those monster pick up trucks, decked out in obnoxious Trump stickers, you just slap a "Stop Bigotry" over them.  

I'm labeling this project "Agent Orange."



 

Mister Yuk
sonofsaf

Mister, mister, mister, mister
I forgot
Consumer products that have your back
And I found
Green sticker instead of a nice snack
It was placed
As a label just for you
And I knew
It would be bad, for me and you
Don’t you act dumb
Avoid it from the start
The taste on your tongue
Bad for your heart
You've seen
Mister Yuk

Independence Day
Doesn’t mean shit, face has a frown
I drive a Lexus, yeah Lexus, it doesn’t have one
Throughout the world
What matters the face of green slime
Don’t act like fools
Follow the rules
Yeah yeah yeah, the blind lead the blind
‘Cause you could end up with disease
And not be left at ease
Yeah you’d better off decline
You've seen
Mister Yuk

‘Cause you could end up with disease
And not be left at ease
Mister Yuk, Mister Yuk, Mister Yuk, Mister Yuk
Not alright, we do not dine
Mot alright, we do not dine, dine, dine
Mister Yuk, yeah, yeah, yeah
Mister Yuk, Mister Yuk
Mister Yuk, baby, baby
Mister Yuk, you've seen Mister Yuk
Mister Yuk, Mister Yuk
You've seen Mister Yuk  

 

Thunderstruck
AC/DC

Thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder
I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track
I looked round
And I knew there was no turning back
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you
Sound of the drums
Beating in my heart
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart
You've been
Thunderstruck

Rode down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the town
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
We met some girls
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules
Played all the fools
Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds
And I was shaking at the knees
Could I come again please
Yeah them ladies were too kind
You've been
Thunderstruck

I was shaking at the knees
Could I come again please
Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
It's alright, we're doin' fine
It's alright, we're doin' fine, fine, fine
Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah
Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, baby, baby
Thunderstruck, you've been Thunderstruck
Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
You've been Thunderstruck

 


AC/DC:

5-15-88, Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, PA
10-15-88, Civic Center, Wheeling, WV
1-7-09, Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, PA

Feel free to share this information with anyone involved in the Mr. Yuk marketing campaign. 

 

 

No comments: