Friday, March 26, 2021

#224. Southpointe

One of our favorite couples, who shall remain nameless, is in the process of building a house in Southpointe.  They recently sold their place in Canonsburg.  Congratulations!

 

Truth be told, they're not necessarily "movin' on up."  More like movin' side to side.  You know, one exit closer... to dahntahn.

Regardless, I thought the big transition was worthy of a song.


Southpointe
sonofsaf

I'm movin' up to Southpointe
Gonna leave C-Burg this time
The rat races truth or dare
Tumble for you cultured nation
I'm movin' up to Southpointe
Gonna have low rates of crime
Not racist but very white
No one asking “Do me favors!”
Heading on up to Southpointe
Gonna see if the dining’s fine
I love suburbs that don’t look shitty
I love suburbs no Aunt Jemima
So come on up to Southpointe
Invite us down in time


South Park
Primus

I'm going down to South Park
Gonna have myself a time
Friendly faces everywhere
Humble folks without temptation
I'm going down to South Park
Gonna leave my woes behind
Ample parking day or night
People spouting "Howdy neighbor!"
Heading on up to South Park
Gonna see if I can't unwind
I love girls with big fat titties
I love girls with deep vaginas
So come on down to South Park
And meet some friends of mine




Primus:

7-21-93, Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown, PA (Lollapalooza)

3-14-98, Beaver Dome, Monaca, PA (Beaver Dome - no joke)

6-22-99, Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown, PA (Lollapalooza)

5-22-12, Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA

4-14-15, Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA

7-30-17, Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA

11-2-17, Goodyear Theatre, Akron, OH

6-8-18, Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA

Please do not share this information with South Park fans, Primus fans, Boy George, stereotyped syrup lovers, and/or Southpointe residents.


No comments: