Wednesday, February 17, 2021

#110. Risch

There's only one legit picture of Donald Trump and Senator Jim Risch in the existence of the entire internet.  In case you're wondering, the Asian guy on the left is the ambassador of Singapore. 

If you search for actual pictures of the "old school" Republican Senators posing with Donald Trump, you quickly realize they don't exist.  Why?  Because all these establishment figures in the GOP knew the Orange Prolapse was merely an unwelcome shitshow/sideshow.  So they begrudgingly accepted him.  Knowing full well they'd get their conservative judges, regulation rollbacks, and tax cuts for the wealthy.  The overarching strategy?  Just ignore the nonsense and try to ride it all out.

Regrettably, it didn't end well for them.  They lost the Presidency, the Senate, and the House.  The federal deficit spiked by about 10 trillion, a pandemic destroyed the economy, and there was an attempted overthrow of the government.  Which in all honesty, for Trump, seems pretty much like business as usual.

The last 4 years was essentially just one bad photo-op.  The sole objective being to extract money from any source imaginable while getting your picture taken with Trump.  However, I must say, it did work well for the elderly albino politicians in states like Idaho.  Why?  Because Senators Mike Crapo and Jim Risch never had to worry about the Orange Prolapse showing up in downtown Boise for one of his self-glorification rallies.  Hey, why waste your time if the state's bright red?  Makes sense.


Risch
sonofsaf

I been in, I been out
I’m a turd, flush me on down
I’m just votin’ with Trump
I said, Trump, turn it upside down
I’m the Senator Jim Risch

I been fair, uh so-so
DC, Boise, Idaho
I’m just votin’ with Trump
I said, Trump, turn it upside down
I’m the Senator Jim Risch

Fuck my ass, my ass hole
Elf on a shelf, want its bone
I’m just votin’ with Trump
I said, Trump, turn it upside down
I’m the Senator Jim Risch


Tush
ZZ Top

I been up, I been down
Take my word, my way around
I ain't askin' for much
I said, Lord, take me downtown
I'm just lookin' for some tush

I been bad, I been good
Dallas, Texas, Hollywood
I ain't askin' for much
I said, Lord, take me downtown
I'm just lookin' for some tush

Take me back, way back home
Not by myself, not alone
I ain't askin' for much
I said, Lord, take me downtown
I'm just lookin' for some tush


Surprisingly, I've only seen ZZ Top once.  Way back in the day.  It was the Afterburner tour where they embraced their inner Star Trek and invaded outer space.  Or in this case, Wheeling.

4-19-86, Civic Center, Wheeling, WV

Please do not share this information with Senator Jim Risch (R-ID), Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID), former President Donald J. Trump, and/or ZZ Top fans.


No comments: