Sunday, February 14, 2021

#102. Dominion

Normally, I'm largely indifferent to the Chinese zodiac cycle.  Well unless I'm about to eat a lunch special of tangy shrimp & scallops from Sesame Inn just off McKnight Road.  Anyway, 2020 was the year of the Rat.  And 2021 is the year of the Ox.  

I propose we rename 2021 as the year of the "Big Lie."

Surprised that no writers or news commentators have latched onto the following term... Black Swan.  After all, one of the overlooked characteristics of the insurrection on January 6, 2021 was the 3 F's.  The fabrication, formation, and fomenting (albeit more gradual) of an "artificially generated stampede."  Fuck!

My apologies for the AGSAF (Artificially Generated Stampede Awareness Foundation) website currently being offline.  Perhaps one day it will reemerge.

I've been thinking about the Orange Prolapse's impeachment trial.  The House managers were phenomenal.  The defense was an overwhelmingly pathetic joke across the board.  Granted, they didn't really have much of a case in the first place.  But if I had one suggestion, other than the calling of witnesses (which admittedly would've been more of a targeted ploy to purely embarrass, humiliate and shame Senate Republicans), I would have done one specific thing.  

If I were Rep. Jamie Raskin, I would have referenced my son who died by suicide just days before the trial began.  I would have explained how my only wish was that I could have had an opportunity to talk with him about the trial itself.  How it was a great honor to present the government's case for We The People and how I embraced my role as leader in defense of our country.  

Then, I would pivot and say, "Senator Josh Hawley, your wife recently gave birth to a beautiful baby Abigail.  One day, she will come of age and ask you about your vote.  When this happens, I beg of you, just please tell her the truth.  That NOT enough people died (5) or were injured (140+) to sway your allegiance away from Donald Trump.  How the only way you would've considered a vote to convict... is if the 'right' people, the more 'important' people (members of Congress) had been killed.  That in your eyes, politics is about raw power.  Not people."

And then, I'd look over at Ted Cruz and add, "Senator Cruz, the same logic applies to you and you're two beautiful, healthy daughters, Caroline and Catherine.  When they ask you about January 6, 2021, I'd like you to explain, that how in its aftermath, you voted to give Capital Hill police officer Eugene Goodman a Congressional Gold Medal of Honor and a standing ovation.  "But I ask only one thing.  I beg of you, just please don't lie to them.  Caroline and Catherine deserve better."



Dominion
sonofsaf

Public relations isn’t fun
A hack and encryption prescription.
And it fakes old glory with heartburn
As you disregard all concerns

My Dominion. Mmm. Mmm. (x4)
And the memes will never disappear.
A different commotion stratosphere.
You wanna rock around the clock
And upon the heaven’s door you wanna knock.

Our Dominion. Mmm. Mmm. (x2)
My Dominion. Mmm. Mmm. (x2)

Public relations isn’t fun
A hack and encryption prescription.
And it fakes old glory with concern
As you disregard all concerns

Our Dominion. Mmm. Mmm.
Your Dominion. Mmm. Mmm. (x3)
My Dominion. Mmm. Mmm.


Opinion
Nirvana

Congratulations you have won
It's a years subscription of bad puns.
And it makes your story our concern
And you set it up for returns

My opinions. Mmm. Mmm. (x4)
And there seems to be a problem here.
Your state of emotion seems to clear.
You rise and fall like wall street stock
And you had an affect on our happy talk.

Our opinions. Mmm. Mmm. (x2)
My opinions. Mmm. Mmm. (x2)

Congratulations you have won
It's a years subscription of bad puns.
And it makes your story our concern
And you set it up for returns

Our opinions. Mmm. Mmm.
Your opinions. Mmm. Mmm. (x3)
My opinions. Mmm. Mmm.


Never saw Nirvana.  Missed the summer of '92 Lollapalooza.  Easily one of my biggest rock concert fails.  But truth be told, I'm a bigger fan of the other Seattle bands.  Specifically, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. 

Please do not share this information with Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-MD), Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO), Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), former President Donald J. Trump, Nirvana fans, the daughters of Senators Hawley and Cruz, and/or employees of Smartmatic.


No comments: