Friday, February 19, 2021

#118. Bind In Texas

Gotta love Senator Ted Crud playing a game of high stakes damage control.  If I were a political cartoonist, I'd draw a picture of him throwing plastic bottles of water into a throng of people at a relief station (a la Trump tossing paper towels at Hurricane victims in Puerto Rico).  Except Crud's physically injuring them because the water bottles are frozen solid.

A reporter should ask Crud if his family would be willing to live without heat or AC for a year... you know... like their rugged, rough and tumble, non-government reliant, Texan ancestors. 

Normally, I try to find a live concert performance, but sometimes you just gotta go with the official video.  No offense to WASP's seasoned lead singer but sometimes his voice sounds a little bit hoarse and cracked.


Bind in Texas
sonofsaf

Third world shithole, non-energy provider
I never wanna reside there
Like Chernobyl core we were helpless
Oil and gas stick it up your ass

A bind in Texas, the power grid’s not alright
A bind in Texas, innocent people gonna die

I’m freezing and sickly cold you will find
Buy insulation or commit a crime
The seven deadly sins take it on the chin
I paid for a whore Trump didn’t win

A bind in Texas, the power grid’s not alright
A bind in Texas, innocent people gonna die

San Antonio and the West Texas town El Paso
Corups Christi and Waco, the frigid cold’s not mild

 

Blind in Texas
WASP

An El Paso hellhole, I couldn't get much higher
White lightning moonshine, tastes like fire
I drank for free till I couldn't see
I fell on the floor, what I said is

I'm blind in Texas, the lone star is hot tonight
I'm blind in Texas, the cowboys have taken my eyes

I drank Dallas whiskey and lost my mind
Had high-balls in Houston, three for a dime
Everything starts to spin, loaded on gin
I fell out the door, what I said is

I'm blind in Texas, the lone star is hot tonight
I'm blind in Texas, the cowboys have taken my eyes

San Antonio and the West Texas town El Paso
Corups Christi and Waco, the Yellow Rose is wild 


Bonus:  Enjoy this picture of a slightly faded glass WASP coaster.  The perfect resting place for any beverage.  That's assuming you have "respect for wood."  (Larry David "curb reference").

 

The coaster was a carnie trinket prize from the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival during the mid 90's.  The drummer's expression on the far left does not appear particularly menacing.

Never seen WASP.  Back in 1997 (I think), they played at some bar way out in New Philadelphia, OH on the "Kill Fuck Die" tour.  I tried to rally a crew but there were no takers.  They may have canceled the gig due to lack of ticket sales.  Probably for the best.  Something about WASP playing in Amish country just doesn't sit right.

Please do not share this information with Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), residents of the great state of Texas, and/or Blackie Lawless.


No comments: