Saturday, February 13, 2021

#98. Goodman

Yesterday, we were watching the impeachment trial when Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Minority Leader Bitch McConnell awarded DC Capitol police officer Eugene Goodman the Congressional Gold Medal.   Goodman was present in the Senate chamber and received a unanimous standing ovation.

Deliberately putting his own life in extreme jeopardy, Goodman's the guy who detoured the rioters away from members of Congress.  Suffice it to say, he's more than a hero.  He's a superhero.  Formally recognized by everyone.  Well, except the domestic terrorists who attacked the Capitol.

People who know me well understand one thing.  I firmly believe in the concept of "super-empowerment."  The notion of taking unusual variables and extenuating circumstances... and harnessing them in a way to demonstrate maximum awareness, ultimate positioning, superior morality, etc.

If I were Eugene Goodman, and assuming this 40 year old black man who served in Iraq, has a distaste for Donald Trump and wishes to fundamentally alter the trajectory of history... here's specifically what I would do.  I'd separate the ribbon from the medal and cut it into individual pieces.  Then I'd mail a corresponding number of the pieces (about 45 or so) to all the Republican Senators who voted to acquit Trump.  Then, I'd take the actual medal and chuck it in the Potomac River.  Make sure to capture the moment on TikTok or youtube or whatever.  (It's illegal to sell the medal, but not to discard it).  You might end up getting a littering fine, but that's about it.  In essence you'd be making the following statements:

1.  I've deemed the medal meaningless because about half the members of the Senate who awarded it to me, did so under a false pretenses.  Not only that, but they clapped like trained seals during the presentation.  Then, ended up voting to acquit Trump and basically sided with the insurrectionists who were trying to kill and injure us.  Absolute, unforgivable hypocrisy.

2.  I had you covered and was willing to put my life on the line to save your ass.  But you stabbed me in the back.  You're all a bunch of modern day Benedict Arnolds.  It's the perfect enduring metaphor for the entire Trump administration (2016-2020).

Dedicated to Eugene Goodman.  If you ever stumble across this post, feel free to gimme a ring.  I think you'd get a kick out my perspective on things.


Goodman
sonofsaf

Goodman
Congressional Medal
An honor for bravery is worthless
Potomac River is where you will rest
And Goodman
Congressional Medal
The ribbon part is somewhat pointless
Super-empowerment nevertheless

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Goodman

I hope you take a stand
Embrace the role of being a man
Please remember super-empowerment
And Goodman

Tear that medal apart
Cut it with scissors and mail them the parts
Behavior that is even more bizarre

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

Well, Goodman
This plan’s not in vain
As it will cause them plenty sorrow and pain
Future history again and again and again

I’ll fuck you, yeah, yeah
Because I’m clever
I’ll fuck you, yeah, yeah
Because I’m clever
I’ll fuck you, yeah, yeah
Because I’m clever
I’ll fuck you, yeah, yeah

 

Woman
John Lennon

Woman
I can hardly express
My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness
After all, I'm forever in your debt
And woman
I will try to express
My inner feeling and thankfulness
For showing me the meaning of success

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Woman

I know you understand
The little child inside the man
Please remember my life is in your hands
And woman

Hold me close to your heart
However distant, don't keep us apart
After all it is written in the stars

Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh, well, well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

\Well, woman
Please let me explain
I never meant to cause you sorrow or pain
So let me tell you again and again and again

I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah
Now and forever
I love you, yeah, yeah


Never saw John Lennon in concert.  He was killed when I was 10.  I once saw his son Julian Lennon perform at the Wheeling Civic Center in 1986.  A juggler opened the show.  Whenever he dropped a ball or bowling pin, the crowd would boo.  I was about 35 years ahead of my time... thinking WTF.

Please share this information with Washington D.C. Capitol Police Officer and recipient of the Congressional Gold Medal, Eugene Goodman.  Thank you for your service.

 


No comments: